Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What you rappin about little boy

Soooo tired. I honestly don't know why. You know when you have a dream that wakes you up in the middle of the night and fucks with you. Then you go back to sleep and wake up in the morning, remember that you were fucked with, but don't remember why?

That's my dream

I had a dream like 4 nights ago... My ex gf told me she loved me. Wow, doesn't take a shrink to figure out that interpretation

Anyways, I'm a pretend music guy. I have about 1,400 songs of different genres, mostly full albums and were talking 90's and later.

Top 5 albums I have

5. Tribe called quest: Midnight Marauders - This was one of the first progressive hip-hop groups I had ever heard. Hypnotic beats, cut and insightful lyrics, the album has possibly the greatest flow of any hip-hop album ever. Every song just flows beautifully into the next. Each song either relays a message, or tells a story. You can close your eyes, listen to the album and relax your ass away

4. Gorillaz: Demon Days - "I saw that day... Lost my mind... Lord I find... Maybe in time, you'll waaaaaant to be mine" Yes I know that makes no sense, but I LOVE this album. That album got me through 2 months of working 8:30am - 2am, and feeling like absolute shit. Whole album is one giant drug trip. Every song is ultimately about drugs, pain, which in and of itself is their idea of the root of drug addiction. There are also tons of subtle hints of the Iraq war, which they did BEFORE anybody else protested the war in song.

3. Lupe Fiasco: The Cool - Fuck I really want to put The Game's album in this slot, because I got them at the same time. But ultimately this album is just too fucking good. The flow is incredible, the beats are great, the lyrics are well done positive but political and hopelessly truthful. Its so difficult to explain you just have to listen to the album

2. Nas: Illmatic - In my opinion the greatest rap album ever produced, and nobody knows about it. It's Nas' coming out party in the 90s. A very very short album only about 10 songs, the longest being under 5 mins. There's no real message in the album, its just a collection of stories that flow together. But the stories are so well done, and paint such a detailed picture, you can close your eyes and picture what he's talking about.

1. Kanye West: Late Registration - I was tempted to pick his Graduation album but that's probably because I've listened to it more lately. Late registration just goes through so many emotions seamlessly. It goes from immaturity and almost an effortlessness and ease about life, to tragedy of diamonds from sierra Leone, to saying thank you to his mother. Just so well done so many messages so many different thinking points to interpret and ponder. Ok I admit he does kinda steal from 80's beats and daft punk but his message makes up for his thievery

Honorable mention

A perfect Circle: Thirteenth Step - Whole album is about 12 steps of rehab + rock bottom

The Game: The documentary - Dudes cocky but he backs it up. Like Dre in his hayday..

Eminem: The Slim Shady LP - Fucking hilarious!! Ok ok he talks about gays, rape and vicodin but its just so fucking funny

Daft Punk: ALive - Try to listen to this album without dancing... Try it...

Outkast- Fuck I forgot about Outkast that should havebeen in the top 5.. Ok superhonerable mention to Outkast... everybody LISTEN TO ATLIENS!!!

Words of wisdom from Nas try to rise up above
Keep an eye out for Jake shorty what
One Love...

No comments: